For over year I had a hourly job as a Lecturer but also worked on my own business from home. It was tough to do both things but I learnt that with a little motivation and structure is possible to move forward at least with one of them.
Being freelance or having a home business is a very exciting and challenging experience, but there are certain tips that may help you to continue to maintain efficiency and success of our your daily efforts:
- “I dress well, because I”m going to the ‘office'”: It’s quite simple actually, loose the pijamas!!, once you are wearing some nice confortable clothing you’ll start feeling into a mood of working and focusing in what it needs to be done.
- “I’m going to focus on my work” must focus on what to do, even if you want to go to Facebook and check the status of your friends or to double click on that game that you like so much. It can be as simple of setting your self tiny goals of fully working for 1 or 2 hours before browsing around the social networks or any other leisure website. Stop and focus!
- “I will avoid the distractions of home”: Make sure that children, pets, wife, husband, etc. have everything they need to be well on their day. They tend to be major distractions to focus on work. Hint: Make it clear that first, you’re busy, second your “office” is a site that should be respected and not be disturbed, any problems you solve it in another room of the house.
- “I’ll give it my best on this day” Learn to push yourself, Hint: type a daily planner and try to comply
- Do your best to be more productive, most of the times simple exercises to increase your IQ would help you a lot on your daily routine.