The business world is full of chaos and uncertainty, you never know what will happen, even if you have the latest market analysis, your product may fail and be rejected by your potential customers, even if you have the most coldly calculated strategy, your competitors can beat you with an emerging strategy…
So… what should we do in the mist of such as uncertainty?
It turns out that, I’ve decided to put in the hands of God my business and professional way, because God is watching “the big picture” and knows what is best for me, for my employees to my company. By applying its principles to my business, I am convinced that I’ll more than conqueror!!! But the question is, how can I include od in the world of business?
After meditating a little bit and done a research on google about what a “Christian businessman” or a “Christian entrepreneur” I found the following:
- Vision and Purpose: God has a purpose for you is the reason why these live in the moment, so the question is, you know God’s purpose in your life? and second, your business grow and helps you achieve that purpose?
- Consult with God prior to making decisions that may change the course of your business, ask God first: “Tell me what you want me to do Lord?”, “My God, what is your will in this matter?”
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3
- Read the Bible every day: it’s quite simple actually…“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”(Joshua 1.8)
- Let yourself be guided by the Holy Spirit , Ask God to provide you with wisdom and intelligence, to be skilled in making decisions, just enough to determine what is the best course of action. Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know
- Passion: Always try to maintain a winning attitude, after all, “if God is with us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
Business on the rock:
Always apply the principles you learn from the word of God, not just to live a more “spiritual life” but for living a full life, “”Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock” Matthew 7:24-25
Finally, Humility: Be sure to give all glory to God! “Whoever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be exalted” Matthew 23:12.
If God made you a head of a company, it is because God gave you the skills to lead it forward and make it grow, and even if you dont know how to do it yet, He will shape everything on you and build that successful businessman, and be witness on his greatness on earth 🙂